Sunday, April 19, 2009

Talent Killers



this is my response to an email I read (and after I went to the suggested url) on a writer's circle I belong to.

Hi
I can see how she may feel this but after all publishing a book has to make enough profit to pay otherwise why bother? It's not a charity. I'm saddened by the fact that agents and publishing houses do not have the time to edit an author's book any more and it is up to the writer to do that. I think it stinks that there are big advances given to celebs that do not even write their own books. These books do not always sell well either. I think the day is soon coming that the publishing world will open their collective eyes and start worrying that the internet is doing what they didn't have the guts to do. Take a chance on talented unknown writers. The demise of publishing as we've known it is happening as you read this.

cheers

An author named Mary W. Walters wrote an impassioned post on Tuesday titled "The Talent Killers."

You can read it here:

http://tiny.cc/28Kse

I am deliberately not going to say anything about it before you've had a chance to read it.

Regards,

Maya
http://www.mayareyn oldswriter.blogspot. com

No comments: