Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Hi

I've been busy at work and authonomy so I haven't had time to post.

I'm looking forward to an Easter break and doing some more writing. I'm still working on my Stephanie story. Does the editing ever end? I must be a slow learner.
From the comments I'm getting on authonomy, I will have to give my first chapter another edit and cut some of the backstory.

I sent 5 pages off to a couple of agents and got a no thanks back.

I'll keep plugging away until an agent or publisher picks it up.

The publishing world is getting harder with all the lay offs and rationalisations and closures happening. I think 2009 will be a much toughter market.

The web is changing so rapidly no one knows what will happen to the publishing world in the coming years. I think the publishers are worried and will be caught out if they don't jump into the frey when they should. This means the bigger players may become dinosaurs as they can't change quickly.

I can't see how downloading an entire book for free is going to bring enough revenue to keep going but that's what some writers are doing? What do you think?

Tell yourself this -
I love myself and therefore I am loved and lovable.

There is too much self critisism in the world today. We are not perfect nor are we meant to be. Do the best you can and be happy.

cheers for now.

No comments: