Thursday, September 07, 2006

Doing another draft.

8th September 2006

Hi
Still doing another draft on my latest story it's getting hard to keep at it. The editing on the train is the easy part, and sitting down at the computer for hours is the hard part. I'm doing the hard part today. Every now and then I get up and go outside to see what the weather's doing. It started sprinkling before. Yesterday we had rain, rain and more rain. It's nice to see as we've been in drought for years.
I went to an editing workshop last Saturday and allowed the class to edit the first chapter of the second story I have posted here. I received some great feedback and will be editing the post here shortly.

Had some dental work done on Wednesday. It's the worst thing having to sit in that dentist chair with your mouth open for so long, and have him poking inside your mouth. I just hate the thought of the needle.

My dentist is good because he numbed the area first so I couldn't feel the needle going in. I just knew it was because, even with my eyes closed, I could tell he was holding something still against my gum. Then two hours later, a little shell shocked from keeping my mouth open and him doing whatever he was doing in my mouth, I got out of that chair.

Another dentist visit next week...something to look forward to...not.

I still live in hope as I haven't heard from either publishing houses yet about my partial manuscript. I will get my stories published eventually, it's only a matter of time.

Live life with passion. Don't wish you'd done this or that. Do it now. It's never too late.

Today give someone the gift of your smile. It will lift their spirits and brighten their day.

Bye for now.

Olga

No comments: